So you found a court reporting service and got assigned a court reporter; then it happened, the transcript was missing a few things, a name was missing, etc. It's the common mistake most lawyers make when hiring a court reporting service... not understanding how to get the best out of your court reporter.
At courtreporternet.com we want you to enjoy your experience with us and get the most out of your court reporter. You can do this by following a few guidelines during a deposition:
- Speak clearly
- Speak slowly
- Have a business card on hand
- Write your position on the card either defendant, prosecution, etc.
- Don't talk while someone else is talking
- Don't let the witness answer until you finish you question
- Don't let witness answer with uh-uh or uh-huh
- State from the beginning who is in the room to avoid disputes in the future
Via Illinois Bar Journal